On January 15, 2019, we will begin to transition all sites to secure protocol. To be considered fully secure, all elements on Legacy.com must be HTTPS/SSL compliant, including header calls, footer callers, advertising calls, and tracking scripts.
Why are we transitioning to secure?
- Google is flagging sites that are not secure and alerting users with a warning message. This creates a poor user experience, one that can decrease traffic to your site and impact revenue.
- Having non-secure pages impacts our ability to track key metrics and report site performance back to you.
What Happens If I Don’t Provide Secure Assets? If you are unable to send us secure assets, we have created a solution for you:
- Legacy.com will apply a default header to your obituary site that incorporates your newspaper’s logo and branding.
- Your newspaper’s footer will not be displayed on your site.
- Ads that are not secure will not be displayed. Legacy will run ads in its place and share back your contractual revenue share amount.
- If tracking is not secure, it will not be present on the site.
The following two tabs change content below.
Tracie is a member of the marketing team at Legacy.com, with experience in marketing and content strategy, sales, account management, and consumer services.